Why join a fraternity?
Fraternities are values-based organizations that offer young men many challenges and opportunities a traditional college education does not. Through leadership opportunities within a fraternity, a young man can gain leadership skills that will be valuable after graduation. A member of a fraternity has an immediate support group that will become life-long friends. Joining a fraternity is more than just something you do in college. It is a commitment for a lifetime. Every generation of college students has the opportunity to distinguish itself through its actions.
And guess what? The Greek system is best at helping develop these learning experiences. It is these abilities, this learning outside of the classroom that makes the Greek system what it is. By banding together as a group of individuals with common objectives, an atmosphere is fostered where leadership, communication, conflict management, and interpersonal skills are demanded. Out of this need springs learning, adapting, and personal growth. Fraternity life, above all the many other benefits it offers, gives you practice for life in the real world. So, when you hear a fraternity man credit his success to his fraternity, believe him.
Benefits of Greek Life
- Out of the 5,000 general fraternity chapters, a majority consistently achieve higher grade point averages than the all-male campus average.
- 65% of fraternity members graduate from college, compared with only 45% of non-members.
- Of the current United States Senators and Representatives, 24% are fraternity members.
- 85% of the U.S. Supreme Court Justices since 1910 have been Greek.
- Of the nation’s 50 largest corporations, 43 are headed by Greeks.
- 85% of Fortune 500 executives are fraternity members.
- 71% of the Who’s Who in America members are also fraternity members.
Facts about Delta Tau Delta
- Every member participates in GreekEDU, a comprehensive alcohol education program to help members make wise decisions. We’re serious about creating a safe environment for our brothers.
- Every member participates in a New Member Education Program focused on personal growth and leadership. This program focuses on the Fraternity’s core values of integrity, accountability, and service while providing crucial life skills training.
- Delta Tau Delta is devoted to ending hazing. As a founding partner of the Anti-Hazing Hotline (1-888-NOT-HAZE), Delta Tau Delta is proud to be a leader in the Fraternal Values Movement.
- Every member participates in The Road, Delta Tau Delta’s cutting-edge member education initiative. Members receive training in leadership, personal finance, health and wellness, and other life skills critical for success after college.
- Every member may apply for our many leadership immersion opportunities, including our flagship experience, the Leadership Academy. We also offer regional leadership conferences, an annual Presidents and Advisors Retreat, and scholarships to UIFI.
- Every member has access to over 115,000 alumni the world over. As a member of Delta Tau Delta, you are part of a larger family whose brothers have sworn an oath to give back to those who follow.